Snake

This snake was a project I did for myself. I used it as a try-out for a more complicated project: a dragon. I hope to have time for that in the future! I’m quite happy with how the snake turned out, especially since most of this was new to me. I made the texture entirely from scratch and didn’t use any pre-made textures. I made a custom pattern, coloured the snake up, drew the eyes and everything. I then overlayed the exact same pattern and added some fancy embossing effects to make the scales more lifelike. It is also the first model I animated! The result isn’t perfect, but I can accept it as it is and move on to new projects.

This snake has 888 polys (580 polys without bones), a diffuse, specular and bump map and 22 bones.

And without further a do, the video!

Animated Snake from Min 3DeeMin on Vimeo.

Here is an image of the model itself, before the bones got added. I left it here so you can click on the picture and browse through the previous versions to see the entire process.

Texturing done!

Deze slang was een project dat ik in mijn vrije tijd gedaan heb. Het was een soort experiment voor een lastiger project: een draak. Ik hoop dat ik daar in de toekomst nog tijd voor heb! Ik ben best tevreden met hoe de slang is geworden, vooral omdat haast alles nieuw voor me was. Ik heb de texture zelf gemaakt zonder gebruik te maken van foto’s of werk van anderen. Ik heb een Photoshop Pattern gemaakt, de slang gekleurd, de ogen getekend en alles. Vervolgens heb ik het pattern daar overheen gelegd en wat embossing effecten toegevoegd om de schubben realistischer te laten ogen. Dit is trouwens ook het eerste model dat ik geanimeerd heb! Het resultaat is niet perfect, maar wel goed genoeg om te laten zien en door te gaan naar een volgend project.

De slang heeft 888 poly’s (580 poly’s zonder botten), een diffuse, specular en bump map en 22 botten.

Hierboven kan de geanimeerde video bekeken worden. Op de afbeelding hierboven van het laatst 3D-model zonder botten kan geklikt worden om eerdere versies van het model te zien.

Completed on: 4th of October, 2012.
Total time spent: approximately 2 hours on model, 5 hours on unwrap/texture, 3 hours on animation.

Posted in 3D

Twitter feed